WhatsApp updates allow users to send photos and videos on the messenger while maintaining their best quality. The feature changes the file as a file, keeping the file size.
For now, the work is available to some users. It arrived in the TestFlight beta program update, version 220.127.116.11. It is already possible to send photos and videos as files, but the new feature makes this faster.
There is no need to visit the internal storage, which makes transferring these files easier, especially for iOS users, because it is not difficult to do so in devices. The user selects photos and videos directly from the gallery, and it can share files up to 2 GB.
WhatsApp should release the feature for many users in the coming weeks, like all messenger updates.
Now, it has become easier for users to send messages, especially on iPhones, which have to travel longer than Android users, to send information in their original format.Source: Reproduction/WhatsApp
How to send photos and videos in WhatsApp:
1. First, you need to update the messenger to the latest version. Not all users will get this feature right now. Some will have to wait a while;
2. Open WhatsApp, go to the conversation you want to send a photo or video;
3. Click on the “+” symbol, in the bottom left corner of the screen, on iOS devices, or on the clip, on Android;
4. Select the “File” option;
5. The messenger will ask if you want to “Select from file” or “Select image or video”;
6. Select the second option, select the file and send it.
It is important to remember that the picture or video will arrive without a preview in the conversation, as happens when the document is sent as news.