Using your cell phone in the bathroom has become a habit for many people. It is a way to pass the time and distract yourself while doing daily tasks. However, few are aware of the dangers that this practice can have on health and personal hygiene. In this article, we will explore three reasons why you should think twice take your cell phone to the bathroom. Let’s identify the dangers of the diseases that exist in the environment, affecting the intestines and the bad body that can affect the back. In addition, we will provide advice to avoid future problems.
Reason 1: Exposure to bacteria
When we take our cell phones to the bathroom, we will be affected by the germs that are in the environment. A study by the University of Arizona has shown that the bathroom is home to many enteric bacteria and viruses. These bacteria can easily transfer to the cell and, when leaving the bathroom without antibiotics, we end up taking medicine. microbes to other places, including our face when connected. Infections are really dangerous and can cause health problems.
To avoid the spread of these germs, it is important to leave your cell phone out of the bathroom. If you really want to take it with you, it is important to disinfect and wash your hands thoroughly after use. Prevention is always the best option when it comes to health and hygiene.
Reason 2: Risk of hemorrhoids
In addition to infection, the habit of spending a lot of time sitting on the toilet while distracted by your cell phone can lead to the development of hemorrhoids. Research from the American University Hospital and Research Federation highlights this issue. Sitting for a long time, together with the pressure during bowel movements, can cause the muscles in the rectum to enlarge, causing hemorrhoids.
Therefore, looking for social media or playing games while we are in the bathroom can be costly to our health. Stomach health. It is important to limit the time spent in the bathroom and avoid problems with your cell phone. Early health is important to prevent future problems.
Reason 3: Bad habits and back problems
Another problem caused by using a cell phone for a long time in the bathroom is the body is not good. When we bend over and focus on the device, we release a add pressure to our spine. This busy body can lead to back pain, discomfort and more serious problems, such as herniated discs.
You may also like:
The best position for using the bathroom is to keep your knees up. Using stools to support our feet can help accomplish this task, keeping our health intact. In addition, it is important to remember to maintain proper posture when using your cell phone in any situation, to avoid pain and injury.
Tips to avoid future problems
Now that you know the dangers of using your cell phone in the bathroom, it’s time to take some measures to avoid future problems. Here are some simple tips:
- Leave your cell phone outside the bathroom: Do not take your cell phone into the bathroom, especially during activities such as using the toilet. Leave it to other comforts to reduce the spread of germs and reduce the time spent in the bathroom.
- Disinfect your cell phone regularly: If you need to take your cell phone to the bathroom, be sure to clean it regularly with a damp cloth and isopropyl alcohol. This will help reduce the number of bacteria present in the device.
- Wash your hands especially: After using your cell phone in the bathroom, it is important to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Be sure to scrub all parts of your hands, including the space between your fingers and nails.
- Limit time in the bathroom: Don’t spend too much time in the bathroom. In addition to increasing your risk of hemorrhoids, this can cause discomfort and harm your intestinal health.
- Maintain proper posture: When using your cell phone in any situation, including in the bathroom, maintain a straight posture. Avoid bending over for long periods of time to protect your spine.
First you are healthy and clean
Although it may be tempting to use your cell phone in the bathroom as a way to pass the time, it is important to consider the risks involved. Infections, risk of hemorrhoids and physical problems are just some of the disadvantages of this practice. The importance of health and personal hygiene is important to avoid future problems. So, keep your cell phone out of the bathroom, disinfect regularly and adopt proper posture when using it. Thank you for your health!